Wednesday 17 March 2010

New plans for final piece

As I said in my last post, our group has dramatically changed our plans as to what we are going to produce as assets for this game.

Originally we were going to attempt a ridiculously long teaser trailer/cut scene for the game, and then realised that it was intimedating members of the group and was also killing morale. Basically, it was too much, in too little time, and also way too much for our abilities to handle. So yeah...waaaaaay too ambitious.

So what we are doing now is the character selection screen.

Here are some examples from existing games such as Tekken to help illustrate what I'm going on about.



So the first screen would be sorta like this, although with only the boxes containing the character portraits. The player would move the cursor along until they choose what character they want, press the selection button, and then the camera would zoom out to a full figure of the chosen character. The character will then do a short animation that will reflect their personality type, and the camera would zoom back in slightly to focus on the character standing on a platform, like below.



Although our screen will show the characters full design, the character will also be rotatable, and next to it will be a bio, detailing the characters name, age, gender, history, etc.

The environment and the platform will be 3D and modelled by Cat I think, and the characters will be 2D. Everyone will be drawing a full length detailed picture of their character, so that everyone will get a chance to show off their style, have a chance to try different things, and so that it is also easier to recognise who's work is who's.

So I need to decide which of my 3 main characters I'm going to use for this, although I'd love to do more than one, I guess it depends on time as I also have loads of other stuff to do for the game.

I think I'm gonna go with Lucretia for the moment- I'm going to have to think of some kind of action to animate her doing that will illustrate as to how mad and psychotic she tends to be.

I'm way more excited to be doing this than the original idea. I feel I'll be much more useful and able to help with this idea, rather than a daft trailer :P I'm excited about the project again XD

No comments:

Post a Comment