Wednesday 19 May 2010

Character selection screen 1

Ok, so this is the first rough mock up for the character selection screen that I'm doing.

As you can see, it's really rough, and although I like the initial layout, I really don't like the background colours. I want to make this look like a hologram so that it fits in with the rest of the work that everybody else has been doing.



So hopefully now it's more clear as to why I painted the portrait of Lucretia; it's an example as to how detailed all the other portraits would be when selected. I am going to be playing around with various different types of layouts, so expect quite a few more rough ones before I settle on one idea :P

From top left to right characters and their owners:

Lucretia © me, Switch © me, Wip © Dave Astle, Ike © me, Robot © Cat Eardley, Dustor © Thomas Knight, Feline aliens © me, Vesnar © Jay Richards, Thea © me.

I used this for the background texture and this font.

No comments:

Post a Comment