Saturday 22 May 2010

Happy, but...

I'm happy with the selection screen except for one tiny, little part...the background >.<

Without background so that you can see all the character icons clearer.

I'm really pleased with the little icons on each character panel, and I'm happy with the over all lay out. But then I begin to try and fill the background in and it becomes FAIL.

With one example of a background.



I think it has potential, but right now it's bothering me. To me it looks too...smooth? I think it needs some sort of texture to it, but I don't want to over do it. I also think that it looks too PlayStation 1 era. Maybe I just need to stop staring at it for a while, and come back to it tomorrow morning. Still, as much as it bothers me, I still think it's an improvement from the last mock ups.

I used these Steampunk cog brushes for the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment