Thursday 6 May 2010

Wooo

I'm pretty happy today as I've had what seems to be a really productive day. It seems like I've shaken off this art block type crap- yes I know art block is just a mind set, but it's a damned annoying one at that :P

So today, I have two updates, with a third coming later once I get the pictures from a friend.

First up- Lucretia's portrait. Hopefully it looks ok- I'm happy with it so far but there is something that is bothering me about her. I've tried to roughen her up a bit- I found some fantastic brushes on DeviantArt that have really helped.

Please ignore the crappy excuse for a background for now- I'll attempt to do more of that once the rest of her is finished.



Still left to finish is her ear, hair and goggles. The short hair turned out to be really easy once I found the right brush. Not completly finished with it but I think it's a start. I played around with her right eye and her mouth, and I think they look a little better now. Also made her paler, and I think she looks unhealthy now :D Which was my aim.

Erm..... so all in all I have today- Finished her clothing and added in her eyebrow piercings, worked on the mohawk, messed with her features until I was happier, added more textures, cleaned the image up and tried to improve the composition.

So I'm nearly done on this one thankfully. The background is gonna give me troubles I think, even though it wont be a detailed one. We'll see once I get to it.

Secondly:

Originally I started a turn around animation as one of my final assets, but then decided I didn't like it, didn't want to do an animation, wanted to only do concept art, etc...bla bla bla whine whine whine.

And then yesterday for some reason I really had the urge to do a animation, so here we go:



As you can see she doesn't have a face yet- I think thats going to be one of the hardest parts- making it look consistant and like it's the same person.

I've tried it out in flash though and it looks ok- not amazingly smooth but it works. I don't have time to do any more inbetween frames, and I kinda actually like the jerky movements- It'd be cool if I could some how animate it as though she's a hologram on Cat's platform, complete with flickering, see through what nots going on... if that makes any sense at all. I'll see what I can do and ask around if anyone has any ideas as to how I could achieve that.

I heavily referenced a pose from PoseManiacs for this one- I would have been screwed without it :3

Err, thats it for now methinks. I have one last thing to upload but it's traditional so I had to take a picture with a friend's camera. I'll get that from her later and upload hopefully tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I HATE ARTIST BLOCK its so anyonjing. love the turn around it is amazeing and the concepts

    ReplyDelete