Sunday 23 May 2010

More inspiration

I just wanted to quickly write about another artist that I've recently started following, and that is Michel Victor.

I discovered his art through a contest on DeviantArt, and I'm just totally blown away by how unique is artwork is. Not only are they painted beautifully, and look incredibly realistic, but they move. That's right- he's taken it one step further, and animated the characters and their backgrounds, added music, and the effects are stunning. It's important to create an atmosphere in any painting, but all the extras that this artist puts into his work creates so much more emotion.

Here are some of my favourites:

Kaliza (This is the piece that led me to look through more of his work).
Akina
Sonhos

So yeah, I really find these incredibly inspirational, and it's something that I'd really like to play around with and try myself, which is how I came up with the idea to animate my selection screen.
I'll update my blog later on with the initial animation once it's finished, and explain the process that I went through to animate it, and what I want to improve and carry on with.

No comments:

Post a Comment